helps airports improve productivity, optimize costs and enhance
customer service by supporting airport employees to perform at their
The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) and the Human Resiliency Institute at Fordham University have formed a partnership to offer this innovative program to help airports nationally increase
productivity, boost morale and enhance service.
The book "Reclaiming the Sky"
in Aviation Courage
View a news clip
from the book's 2006 introduction at the Pentagon - interviewing
American Airlines Flight Attendant colleagues of the crew from Flight
- All author profits support Aviation Charities. Learn how each charity is serving its community in unique fashion.
- Read first-person accounts from today's
aviation professionals who embody the resiliency principles reflected
in Reclaiming the Sky‚€™s stories of aviation courage:
- See photos from several of our participating charities‚€™ 9/11 anniversary Remembrances.
Open Discussions on a range of timely aviation topics, including share what motivates you to help keep America flying. Click on PROUDLY I FLY - then visit our Message Board to read stories from aviation workers who each day make a contribution to this shared effort.
- EVERYDAY GIVER Supports Students
offer two programs for students: one teaches "service" principles from
the resiliency principles in the book, "Reclaiming the Sky," and a
second helps students prepare for a career in aviation using the
principles in the book.
- Everyday Giver,
- high school students learn how to apply the ‚€œservice‚€ principles
they learn from the courage of aviation workers to their volunteer
projects in school ‚€“ and to their lives.
- "Claiming Your Sky"
puts the "leadership principles" from the stories into a curriculum to
help students enhance decision-making skills, deepen their capacity for
empathy and increase their chances for aviation employment.
- Read Denis' Hamill's column in the NY Daily News.
- Read testimonials from Denis Hamill, John J. Nance, Denise Morrison, Doug McCormick and other leaders, as well as press clips.
- Get tips to create a Book Club. Expand your discussion of the "resiliency" themes of "Reclaiming the Sky" with friends and colleagues.
- Listen to a Radio Interview. Part One, Two, Three, and Four. Want a CD of this interview? Contact us.
Aviation workers can't "do" for others until they
meet their own needs, including physical and emotional needs. Below,
find "tips" to help you achieve greater "Wellness."
- Sign up for our NEWSLETTER and get regular updates and news.